Regional school-led improvement conference
Investing in your workforce
Thank you to all those who attended our annual regional school-led leadership conference, we were delighted with the overall positive feedback from the day. As always, reflecting on how to make events such as these as effective as possible, we are reflecting on the evaluations from the day and will share comments and feedback via the weekly newsletter.
Please click on the image below to view the Investing in your workforce conference brochure;
We are still awaiting a number of online copies of the presentations, we will keep updating the portal as and when these arrive.
Workshop presentations and resources
Workshop (12:05pm - 12:35pm)
- Supporting the development of the school-led improvement system through peer review
- Women into leadership: Identifying talent, Overcoming unconscious discrimination, Providing opportunities
- Ofsted - dispelling some of the myths about what we look for in good and outstanding schools
- Developing effective governance that holds the school-led system to account
Workshop (12:45pm - 1:15pm)
- Capitalising on the contribution that Maths Hubs can make to school improvement
- Engaging your staff by engaging in research
- Growing system leaders: A regional approach to training and designating Local Leaders of Education
- Science Learning Partnerships: Local expertise in teaching and learning, facilitating CPD and providing school-to-school support
- Measuring impact of Specialist Leaders of Education
Workshop (1:25pm - 1:55pm)
- Working beyond your own school: What it means to become a system leader
- The importance of training apprenticeships – using the opportunities to meet needs and grow the school workforce - and offset your Levy!
- Developing a collaborative recruitment strategy across ITT partnerships
- Models of coaching and mentoring - how to release capacity of a peer
If you were unable to attend the conference and would like further information please contact Ellen.Lee@sdsa.net or tel: 0116 299 5940.