Women Leading in Education Network - East Midlands
In mid 2016 the DFE asked clusters of schools to bid to host a Women Leading in Education network for their region. Transform Teaching School Alliance (TSA) holds the contract in the East Midlands on behalf of East Midlands Teaching School Alliance (EMTSA). The fund contributes to the Government’s aim to support strong leadership in all schools to ensure the best outcomes for pupils. This includes removing the barriers that stop individuals such as women and those from BME background reaching senior leadership roles.
The shared vision for this funding in the East Midlands is to establish a regional network to:
- create a vibrant network that draws in, inspires and enables women to consider, enter and excel in a career in leadership.
- celebrate successes, create support networks, provide opportunities, remove barriers resulting in an increase in the number of women in leadership positions in our region.
- be proactive and creative in the identification of potential women leaders, provide development for existing women leaders and recruit visible and energetic champions and mentors.
- facilitate this through high profile, dynamic, engaging and joined up network events, communications and activity across EM schools and TSAs.
- highlight and support a clear leadership Journey and offer for women in leadership, removing barriers to progress by feeding the experience of women into TSAs to inform the design of their provision.
- embed the WLE annual summit, network, work-shadowing into the regional calendar of activity.
- embed the WLE management by building on the existing EMTSA framework, project management capacity and expertise, strengthening the regional structure and reputation.
- ensure quality assurance and monitoring of impact is integral.
East Midlands South Network Event - Leicester
Tuesday 21st May from 4:00pm-5:30pm
Click here to view the flyer for more information.
A Twitter account has been created: https://twitter.com/WomenEMSYH1 all partners are asked to follow this and begin to tag tweets @WomenEMSYH1 and use the hashtag #womenleadingineducation
We ask that all partners like and follow the page and share details of events here so we can drive traffic to events via promotional campaigns.
The main thrust of this project is to create a strong communications infrastructure that will engage participants with events, encourage them to take up the varied support available and to share insights into their own journey to leadership to inspire others. The strength of the communication relies on the contributions made by all partners in the project and we are looking forward to creating a vibrant and dynamic hub that will promote a whole range of activities for the region.
Find us on our website: www.emwle.co.uk it is still very much a work in progress and we invite our regional colleagues to feedback to us on its structure and functionality. We are keen to populate the website with news and events from across the region and would welcome any feedback, relevant content and useful links to be sent to email@example.com.
Look out for the toolkit on the website for partners to access a range of resources to help badge and promote events and networks linked to the project. It includes templates for social media campaigns, letterhead and the case study templates for gathering success stories.
Coaching Pledge: East Midlands, South Yorkshire and Humber
East Midlands, South Yorkshire and Humber have the opportunity to support the development of women in education by accessing a coach to support their professional development. There is also the option to become a volunteer coach and support the development of others. For more information about the Coaching Pledge click here.