Welcome to Derby Teaching Schools Alliance
DTSA is a broad and inclusive multiple Alliance of over 50 schools from all phases. We are part of a not for profit Charitable Trust and we care deeply about improving learning for all. DTSA is organised through a number of Strategic Advisory Groups which feed into the DTSA Board. The Board consists of headteachers of five locally designated Teaching Schools from all phases, along with headteacher representatives from each of the Strategic Advisory Groups.
Values and Vision of Derby Teaching Schools Alliance
DTSA is a broad and inclusive multiple Alliance of schools from all phases. We are part of a not for profit Charitable Trust and we care deeply about improving learning for all. We believe that every child in every class, in every school deserves the best teaching and learning.
Realizing moral purpose for us is about sharing and giving back – a sustained focus on developing open and trusting collaboration that contributes to ‘raising the bar and closing the gap’ in achievement for all children and especially those from disadvantaged groups. Our building blocks are:
1. An ethical basis and shared sense of moral purpose
2. A working culture rooted in trust, mutual respect, reciprocity, consistency and a regard for the dignity of every individual
3. School leaders that are committed to improvement through open, honest and cooperative relationships
4. A focus on improving outcomes through learning and learning how to learn
5. Reflective practitioners who encourage and support colleagues in their own and other schools through shared problem solving and joint working
6. A common language in which everyone can participate and contribute
7. A collective responsibility for leading, coordinating and delivering sustainable improvements in an inclusive and non hierarchical approach
8. Efficient and effective use of collective resources to raise standards
9. A shared accountability for improving performance across all partner schools while sustaining existing levels of achievement
10. Collaboration that makes a real difference and has a positive impact on the lives and life chances of children and young people