Welcome to George Spencer Teaching School Alliance
Our shared vision is to develop George Spencer Teaching School Alliance as a true learning community focused on raising standards to improve the life chances of young people in all of our schools. We aim to accelerate student learning and outcomes through exemplary governance, excellent leadership development and high quality teaching and learning.
Our commitment to working collaboratively to share strengths and support development ensures that we have the capacity and credibility to bring about successful school improvement.
What is important to us is creating and sustaining an Alliance with like-minded schools who:
- Believe we all come with something to share and something to learn
- Value, and nurture, collaborative capital
- Have the generosity of spirit to share their expertise in an appreciation that they may need to give more than they receive at times
- Appreciate that much of what we offer as an Alliance is also available to benefit schools beyond ourselves
- Value joint practice development, coaching and enquiry-based approaches that professionalise our profession, ensuring we become a research literate, research informed and research engaged profession
The vision and strategic direction of our Alliance is determined by our strategic board which meets 5 times a year. Operational teams meet termly and work during the year to ensure this strategic vision becomes reality. We have 3 operational teams; leadership development, ITT and induction, and CPD.
Membership of our Alliance is entirely voluntary and we charge no subscription fees. Schools work together under mutual agreement and where possible we try to ensure our activity is cost neutral. Members determine the level of commitment they can give in any one year and this can change as their capacity changes.