School Improvement Offer 19/20
All eligible schools will be offered up to 3 days of free advice from a designated national leader of education (NLE) or equivalent. The NLE will work with senior school or trust leaders to help them identify and access school improvement resources.
For more information on the School Improvement 19/20 offer please visit GOV.UK.
Schools that are eligible for support:
- enter the 2019 to 2020 academic year with a ‘requires improvement’ (RI) judgement for overall effectiveness
- receive a ‘requires improvement’ judgement during the 2019 to 2020 academic year
The amount of support the school receives will depend on how many RI judgements it has received.
- with a single RI judgement will be in tier 1
- with two consecutive RI judgements will be in tier 2
- that receive an RI judgement on their first inspection (where they have no previous published Ofsted rating) will also be in tier 2
National Leaders of Education
National Leaders of Education are strong school leaders, who have experience of effectively supporting schools in challenging circumstances.
NLEs were requested to complete a capacity survey to state if and how they would like to be involved in this offer. The results of this survey will determine how schools are matched taking into account distance, expertise and capacity.
The Teaching Schools Council will co-ordinate the support and match NLEs to schools.
School Improvement Delivery Leads
East Midlands North - Peter Sloan email@example.com
East Midlands South - Matt Burrows Matthew.Burrows@kyrateachingschool.com
South Yorkshire - Daniel Routledge Daniel.Routledge@emsyh.org.uk
York and Humber - Pat Dubas Pat.firstname.lastname@example.org